If you have an Oculus Quest 2 headset and want to know how to cast Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV, then this article will help you for sure! Oculus Quest 2 is one of the most loved and bought VR headsets in all over the planet.
In today’s world where all are talking about virtual reality, this headsets are the gadgets which allow you to immerse in different worlds using the latest virtual reality technologies.
So if you have an Oculus Quest 2 and now you want to cast it with your Roku TV, then you need to know certain things and have to follow some certain steps. And in this article, you are going to have all the information related to cast video to Oculus Quest 2 on Roku TV and a few other devices.
How To Cast Oculus Quest 2 To Roku TV
Here in this segment of the article, I am going to share how to cast Quest 2 to TV. Before start casting, make sure that you have connected the casting device and the headset to the same WiFi network.
But before sharing the procedure with you, let me talk about a few words about Roku TV. Roku is such a platform at where you can stream videos using the internet.
One thing you have to keep in mind that Roku does not have any web browser using which you can download a casting app, nor there is any dedicated platform for doing the same.
Roku does not even support Chromecast using which you can cast directly from your headset to the screen. But there is no need to worry, because there is a way by which you can fulfill your need. That is, you have to use your smartphone. This is the trick for Oculus Quest cast to TV without Chromecast.
In this scenario, you have to cast Oculus Quest 2 to your smartphone first, and then from your smartphone, you can mirror all the images to Roku.
So you have to cast your phone with your headset and copy all the visuals to Roku. And for that, you need to download and install the Oculus mobile app.
Stream Oculus Quest 2 to TV
Here I am going to tell how to stream Oculus Quest 2 to TV.
After installing the Oculus Mobile App on your smartphone, follow the below mentioned process.
- Turn your headset on.
- Open Menu.
- Press Sharing.
- Click Cast.
- Start the casting procedure through the mobile app.
- Request a connection to Roku from your smartphone.
- Convert the phone’s screen to Roku.
So if you were searching how to connect Oculus to TV, this is the process.
Cast Oculus Quest 2 To iPad
In this segment of the article, you will get information on Oculus Quest 2 cast to iPad. I shall tell you how to cast Oculus Quest 2 to iPad here.
But before telling you the steps, let me inform you that Oculus Quest 2 is compatible only with iOS 10 or higher versions. So if you have an iPad with a lower iOS than 10, then Oculus Quest 2 won’t cast to that iPad.
Before start the casting procedure, you need to pair the headset with the iPad.
Let me tell you how to pair Oculus Quest 2 with an ipad.
- First of all, download the app Oculus from the App Store on your iPad.
- Once you download the app and open it, it will ask you to sign in. if you do not have a Oculus account, then sign up as a first time user. And if you had an Oculus account before, then just sign in using the login credentials.
- After logging in, you will see a list of available headsets. Choose the right one, i.e. the Quest.
- Now your device will take a few seconds to set the headset up.
- After this, you will get a notification to plug in your headset. Do it.
- Next, power on the headset. Now the Oculus app will ask you for a 5 digit code. Look for the code at the right of the lower part of the vision zone of the headset and put it at the app. After this, the headset will start pairing with your iPad.
- Now the app will ask you to choose a network to connect the headset with. Choose the same WiFi network which your iPad is connected with. Give the password of the network to connect.
- Now choose your preferred language and proceed.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions and you are ready to cast the headset to the iPad.
Now you are all set to cast Oculus Quest 2 to iPad.
Oculus Quest 2 Cast To iPad
- Switch on the headset.
- Choose Sharing from the toolbar which appears in the bottom of the vision field.
- Press Start on the prompt.
- Open the Oculus app.
- Tap Start Casting prompt.
There is another way to cast the headset to the iPad. And that is using the app on your iPad.
- Open Oculus app.
- Choose Cast From from the right corner at the top.
- Select the Quest headset.
- Select This iPad from the Cast To prompt.
- Tap Start.
Watch Oculus Quest On TV
Here I am going to tell how to watch Oculus Quest on TV.
To watch videos on TV using Oculus Quest, you need to cast the headset to the TV first. And for doing that, you will need the Oculus mobile app installed on your smartphone and a TV with Chromecast.
- Open the Oculus app.
- Tap the TV-like icon from the right corner at the top. This is the Cast icon.
- Choose the right headset from the Cast From prompt.
- Choose the appropriate TV from the Cast To prompt.
- Select Allow.
NOTE:- Make sure that the headset and the TV both are on the same WiFi network. This is necessary for the casting process to be successful.
Chromecast Oculus Quest
Here I shall give you some information on Chromecast Oculus Quest.
If you want to cast your Oculus Quest headset to any TV, then the TV must be powered with Chromecast technology.
Chromecast is a platform from the tech giant Google, which helps to cast many devices to the TV. And this platform is necessary for casting Oculus Quest too.
Chromecast is a device that plugs in the HDMI port of any TV or monitor. It helps in streaming contents from smartphones, PCs, or any other devices.
1.Where is the share button on Oculus Quest 2?
On the left side of the universal menu, go over the clock. Select the Quick Settings to open the panel. From the right corner of the top screen, select Settings followed by Accounts. Now choose the toggle beside App Sharing to turn the Sharing on.
2. Can you cast Oculus Quest to Roku?
Yes, you can. But as Roku does not support Google Chromecast, you need a smartphone on which you can install the Oculus app. And using the app, you can cast Oculus Quest on that smartphone, and from that smartphone, you can mirror the images on Roku TV.
3. How do I stream Oculus to Roku TV?
Install Oculus app on your smartphone. Now cast Oculus Quest to the smartphone using the app. And now mirror the images on the Roku TV. This is the process of casting Oculus Quest to Roku TV since Roku does not support Google Chromecast.
I hope I have cleared all the queries of yours related to casting Oculus Quest 2 on Roku TV and other devices. Now I hope you will be able to cast your Oculus Quest headsets on any devices without any issues. All the best!
Read Also:-How To Shuffle On Spotify