Do you want to experience a fabulous virtual reality while playing games? If so, choosing Oculus Quest is a great decision indeed. How To Stream Oculus Quest To Tv Without Chrome Cast Now, why not share your experience with others?
Streaming your Oculus Quest to the TV will give you the chance to share your gaming experience with others. You have to have a Chromecast device with you for that.
But, what do you do if you do not own a device like that? Does it indicate that you will not be able to stream your Oculus Quest to TV?
Well, definitely not. But, how to stream Oculus Quest to TV without Chromecast? There are multiple ways that you can opt for streaming your Oculus Quest to TV.
We have included in this article all those other ways by which streaming Oculus Quest to the TV without Chromecast becomes super easy.
Let’s find them all.
Streaming Oculus Quest To TV Without Chromecast With Headset, Amazon Fire Stick, And Smartphone
Many users of Oculus Quest who do not have a Chromecast device are asking every day: Can I Cast to Smart TV without Chromecast my Oculus Quest?
To answer their questions, I can assure them that they can definitely cast their Oculus Quest headsets to a Smart TV even if they do not own a device like Chromecast.
However, people generally find a Chromecast device more convenient when it comes to casting or launching their Oculus Quest Virtual reality headphones to a Smart TV. Obviously, a Chromecast device is easier and more comfortable to use.
But, that does not mean you have no other chances to watch Oculus Quest on your Smart TV.
If you are looking for how to cast Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV, LG TV, or Samsung TV without a Chromecast device, you need to have the controller and the Headset, Amazon Fire Stick, or just your Smartphone. `
If you have anyone device out of three, you will be easily able to stream your Oculus Quest virtual reality headset to your smart TV.
So, first, I will show you how to launch Oculus Quest on TV with the help of the headset and the controller.
Cast Oculus Quest To Your TV Using The Headset
If you are desperately looking for how to connect VR to TV without Chromecast, then you should use your headset instead of using Chromecast. Below are the steps for using your headset while streaming Oculus Quest to your smart TV.
Go To The Utilities
- At first, you must wear your Oculus Quest headset as you put it on generally.
- Now, you will have to go to the right part of the home screen.
- There, you have to select the Utility section.
- You should use the trigger and choose ‘Utilities.’
- After that, you have to go for selecting the option ‘Cast To.
Choose Your TV From The List
- After you have selected the ‘Cast To’ option, you will be able to notice a pop-up notification.
- There, you will be able to notice a list.
- Here, you should search for your smart TV and choose this.
- After that, you must select the option ‘Next.’
Carefully Examine If The Casting Starts
- When you are successfully done with all the above-mentioned steps, you will again receive a notification.
- You can see the notification that says: Casting Started.’
- This indicates that you have perfectly cast your Oculus Quest to your smart TV.
When you are done, you should remove your Oculus Quest headset. Without this headset, you will be able to see and hear all the content streaming on the smart TV.
Casting Oculus Quest To TV With Amazon Fire Stick
Using Amazon Fire Stick is another way if you are searching for how to watch Oculus Quest on TV without Chromecast.
You should keep in mind that you need to download and install some important applications if you want to use the Amazon Fire Stick to watch your Oculus Quest on the smart TV.
Here are the steps.
Connect The Amazon Fire Stick
- So, first, you have to connect the install the Amazon Fire Stick application on your smart TV.
- After that, you have to finish the procedures of the initial setup.
Download An App That Can Mirror Your Headset
- Now, when the above-mentioned steps are done, you should download and properly install a mirroring application on the Amazon Fire Stick. It will copy your phone’s screen when you cast it from the Oculus Quest virtual reality headset.
- As for Android users, you can download the Allcast app. IPhone users, they can use an app like Airplay. If a third-party app is not your choice, you will be able to get help from the screencasting section of your Android directly.
- Now, you must turn on the options screen mirroring on your Amazon Fire Stick.
- After that, you can go for mirroring the screen from your phone.
From Headset Cast The Screen to Phone
- Launch the application ‘Oculus Quest.’
- Cast it to your smartphone with the help of the phone casting option. In this way, your Amazon Fire Stick will help you to copy the screen of the phone to the smart TV.
Casting Oculus Quest To TV Via Phone
This is perhaps the easiest of the solutions when you want to know how to stream Oculus Quest to TV without Chromecast.
Join The Oculus Quest, Smart Tv, And The Smartphone
- You should connect your headset, smartphone, and smart TV using the Wi-Fi signals.
- Make sure you are selecting the same network to connect these 3 devices.
Launch The Application
- Launch the Oculus app on your phone.
- Connect the Oculus Quest to the application.
- Select the casting option.
Copy Your Phone’s Screen
- Now, you have to copy the screen of the phone to the smart TV.
- You can use apps like a mirror. There are other applications as well that can assist you to mirror the screen of the phone to the smart TV.
- Carefully Examine If the Streaming Starts or Not
When everything is finished in the right way, you have to carefully examine whether you are able to start streaming or not. You can have a great experience in this way, but the quality of all the footage becomes low.
Casting Oculus Quest To An Old TV
Well, you might be thinking of casting your Oculus Quest virtual reality headset to an old TV. But, the thing is, the virtual reality headset Oculus Quest does not work on the old TV models. You can stream your Oculus Quest headset only if you own a smart TV.
You need not have a Chromecast device for that. Amazon Fire Stick, your smartphone, and your Oculus Quest headset itself get your work done.
1. How Do I Stream My Oculus Quest To My TV?
Steps for streaming your Oculus Quest Virtual Reality headset to your smart TV are quite easier than you are thinking. Here you go.
- As for the very first step, you need to launch your Oculus Quest application.
- At the right corner in the upper section, choose the cast option.
- Now, select the Allow button to find out your device.
- Search for your device.
- At last, choose the Start button.
2. Can You Cast An Oculus Quest To A TV?
Oculus Quest virtual reality headset can be only cast to a smart TV. It will not work on an old model TV. Also, you have to own a Chromecast device to cast Oculus Quest to a smart TV.
But, if you have Amazon Fire Stick or a smartphone, you will not need a Chromecast device.
To Sum It All
So, the detailed guide on Oculus Quest is here. Read, get help, and start streaming the headset on your smart TV without a Chromecast. All the best!
Read More: Why does HBO Max buffer so much?