If you are starting a game on Roblox and suddenly it shows you Access Denied, then you have been a victim of the Roblox error code 403.
Roblox error code 403 is the error you get on Roblox quite often at a regular interval. But thankfully, you can fix this annoying error if you follow certain easy steps.
To fix the Roblox error code 403, you can uninstall Roblox and reinstall it, erase cache data, perform a scan with the Windows Defender, check your Windows Firewall, Disable VPNs, and Antiviruses, and a few other steps.
If you are really looking for the solution to the error code 403 on Roblox, read this article and do not skip any part of it.
Why Does Roblox Error 403 Occur?
The error code 403 on Roblox is related to restricted content on it. Whenever you click a link or want to open a page, if it is restricted to you or if you do not have permission to visit the page, error code 403 can occur.
It means if you are trying to play a game by pressing the play button and you are seeing access is denied or error code 403, it means you are not permitted to open that particular page.
How To Fix Error Code 403 Roblox
Luckily, this is not a big issue with Roblox and you can fix this problem on your own if you perform certain steps. I am telling you all the steps. If one fails, then others should work for you to fix this issue.
You can fix this error code 403 issue on Roblox by –
- Uninstalling Roblox and reinstalling it back
- Using SFC command
- Erasing App data
- Disabling VPNs and Antiviruses
- Checking Windows Firewall
- Scanning with Windows Defender
- Erasing entries from Registry Editor
Let me tell you about all these methods in more detail.
Best Steps To Fix This Roblox Error Code 403
Here I am giving you all the details about all the methods I have given above to fix error code 403 on Roblox. I hope it will help.
Uninstalling & reinstalling Roblox
This step is widely accepted for fixing technical errors and issues of many devices.
Let me tell you how to perform this step on your device.
- Type Control Panel in the search box and open Control Panel from the list.
- Open Programs & Features.
- Find Roblox and open it.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click OK.
- This will uninstall Roblox from your device. Now reinstall it.
- Download a new and updated copy of Roblox.
- Follow the installation guide to reinstall it on your device.
Using SFC command
You can use the CMD or Command Prompt and check the system integrity to fix this issue with Roblox.
- Type Command Prompt in the search bar.
- Open it and Run as Administrator by right-clicking on it.
- Type /SFC scan now
- Press Enter.
- Wait until the process finishes.
- Check if the problem is still there.
Erasing App Data
Cleaning or deleting junk files can often solve these kinds of issues. So if your problem is still there, try to clean the junk files by deleting app data.
- Press Windows + R to open Run.
- Type %localappdata% in the textbox.
- Hit Enter.
- Find the Roblox file from the local app data folder and delete it.
- Perform uninstall and reinstall process.
- Check if the problem has gone.
Disabling VPNs and Antiviruses
Sometimes active VPNs and Antiviruses prevent Roblox from opening. If this is the situation of you too, then you should disable VPNs and Antiviruses.
- Click your Antivirus program.
- Go to Protection.
- Turn the toggle off to disable the antivirus.
Checking Windows Firewall
Just like the antivirus programs, Windows Firewall too blocks many pages and websites and prevents them from opening.
And if your Windows Firewall has blocked Roblox, then it is quite possible that you can face the 403 error on Roblox.
To fix this issue, try to find whether the Windows Firewall of your device has blocked Roblox or not. And if it did it, then unblock it and try to open it again.
Read More About- Publish Your Game In Roblox Using This Easy Method!
Scanning with Windows Defender
If you think that your device is affected by a virus or malware and this is the problem behind the error code 403 on Roblox, then you can always scan your device with Windows Defender.
- Type Windows Defender in the search box and click it from the list.
- Click the down arrow that you will find next to the Scan button.
- Select Full Scan.
- Wait until the process ends.
- Check whether the issue has gone or not.
Erasing entries from Registry Editor
This is the last option you can try to overcome the error code 403 on Roblox. Deleting problematic entries can solve this annoying issue if all other methods fail.
Read the steps to perform this method very carefully. This is the most complicated method.
- Press Windows + R to Open Run.
- In the text box, type Regedit and click OK.
- Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE and then right-click on them separately.
- From the drop-down menus, click on Permissions.
- Give the User complete control.
- Click OK.
- Close Editor.
- Reboot PC.
- Reopen Roblox.
Roblox 403 Authorization Error – Can’t Play Games
Generally, this error occurs when you try to open a new game or try to play a new game but cannot open the game.
This happens because you do not have permission to open the page. This can happen for many reasons.
You can get this error if your antivirus or Windows Firewall is blocking Roblox.
VPNs can be problematic and can be the cause of this error too. Or there are several other reasons that can occur this error. This can be excessive junk files, viruses, malware, etc.
There are several fixes to this particular problem. I have given them all in the above. Try these methods and try to fix this annoying issue on your device on your own.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1- Why does Roblox say an error was encountered during authentication Please try again Error 403.
Error 403 occurs in Roblox when you are forbidden to visit a page or a site. Sometimes, your device settings or any other issues prevent the device from opening Roblox pages or games. Whenever this happens, you get an error 403 on your screen.
Q2- Does 403 mean banned?
No, error 403 does not mean banned. It means you do not have permission to open a certain page or site.
If you are trying to open and play a new game but every time you click the play button, you are seeing error 403, it means somehow you do not have permission to open the game page to play.
The Final Words
Here in this article, I have given you all the required information that you need to solve error 403 on Roblox. I hope this article will be helpful to you and that you will be able to fix this issue on your own.
Guide On- How To Fix Error Code Ws-37398-0