Why does my Xbox controller keeps disconnecting is the question of which almost every Xbox player is searching for an answer.
Many Xbox One players are complaining that their controllers keep connected, but are getting turned off without any reason.
This is really an annoying issue for any Xbox player. If your controller gets turned off during an exciting point of a running game, the feeling is unbearable.
For this reason, only I have decided to write an article just for you. Here I shall discuss this problem thoroughly and shall give you the possible fixes of this problem so that you do not have to have any trouble during the middle of your game because of your Xbox controller.
Why Does My Controller Keep Disconnecting
Why are your Xbox One controllers keep disconnecting can have several different answers. And each of them has a different way to fix it.
I am giving all the possible reasons behind the disconnection of the Xbox One controller continuously along with the possible fixes for each reason. Try these fixes one by one and check which one works for you.
- Out Of Range
The possible reason behind the continuous disconnection of your Xbox One controller could be this. If you are using a wireless controller, then your controller might be out of range.
In this case, bring the controller closer to the Xbox One console and check if the problem gets solved. Mind that the controller should face the front side of the Xbox One console.
- Weak Batteries
Your Xbox One controllers keep disconnecting because it might be running out of charge. In this case, check the battery indicator, and if it is showing weak batteries, charge the batteries or the battery pack.
- Power Cycle The Console
If you cannot identify the reason behind the regular disconnection of the controllers of your Xbox One console, then you try for a power cycle of the console. This can help in solving many issues and will start over the console.
Below I am telling you how to power cycle the Xbox controller.
- Press and hold the Xbox button of the console for at least 10-15 seconds.
- Now press the same button to turn the console again.
- Now check the controllers and see if the problem is solved or not.
Related Post :
- Razer Synapse Failed To Start – 7 Ways To Fix It!
- Top Email Marketing Tips That Can Help You Increase Conversion Rates
- Reconnect Controller
If you are having connection problems with your Xbox controllers, then you can go for a reconnection.
For wired controllers, just unplug the controllers and plug it back to complete the reconnection process. You can try a different USB port at the time of plugging the controller again.
And if you have a wireless controller, then follow the steps that I mentioned below to perform a reconnection of the controllers.
- Press and hold the wireless connect button unless you see the Xbox button of the controller flashing.
- Now again press and hold the wireless connect button unless you see the Xbox button of the controller stays on.
- Use the controller and check if the problem has gone or not.
- Update Controller Firmware
Outdated controller firmware can cause this problem of continuous disconnection. In this case, you have to update the firmware of the Xbox One controllers.
Below I am giving you the process of updating the firmware of an Xbox One controller.
- Connect the controller to the console using an USB cable.
- Log in to Xbox Live from your console.
- Press the controller’s Menu button.
- Choose Settings > Devices & accessories.
- Choose the controller that is giving you trouble.
- Choose Update.
- Choose Continue.
- Wait for the update to take place.
- Now use the controller to check if the problem has gone or not.
Xbox One Controller Keeps Disconnecting – PC
If your Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting in Windows 10, then you can try to update the Xbox One controller driver to fix this issue.
- Type Device Manager in the search box beside the Windows icon (start key) and open Device Manager by clicking it from the options.
- Find and select the controller driver and right click it.
- Select Update Driver from the list.
- Click the update process you want to apply.
- Give some time to the driver to be updated.
- Now use the controller and check if the problem has gone or not.
Xbox Controller Keeps Disconnecting From PC Bluetooth
This is a problem with a very simple solution. Most of the time this happens because you use the controller from a position that is out of range of the Bluetooth connection.
In these cases, bring the controller closer to the console and keep the controller facing the front side of the console.
Xbox One Controller Keeps Disconnecting And Reconnecting
In this case, there are two possible reasons. Number one, the Xbox One controller is out of range of the connection area of the console. And number two, the battery of the controller might be weak.
To fix these issues, try to bring the controller near to the console with the controller facing the front side of the console.
And for the second problem, check the battery indicator at your console. If it is weak, then charge the batteries or the battery pack of the console.
Why Does My Xbox Controller Keeps Disconnecting With Full Battery
Well, in this case, the problem might be lying in the batteries themselves. If the batteries move inside the controller, this could happen. In this case, try to fix the moving problem of the batteries inside the controller.
You can use some Sticker Velcro inside the battery panel to prevent the movement of the batteries. This should fix this issue.
Why Does My Xbox Controller Keep Blinking
Your Xbox controller is blinking because it is not paired with the console.
Generally, the Xbox button keeps blinking when the controller fails to pair with the console. In this case, the most possible reason could be the controller is already paired to another system.
Try to unpair the console from the previous system and pair it with the present console.
How Long Until An Xbox Controller Turns Off?
Generally, an Xbox controller turns off after 15 minutes of inactivity. If you remain inactive with your Xbox controller for more than 15 minutes, then the controller will turn off itself automatically.
1. Why Does My Xbox Controller Keep Turning Off After Few Seconds?
This is a problem of weak batteries. So if your Xbox controller is turning off after a few seconds of activity, try to charge the batteries or the battery pack of the controller.
2. Why Is My Xbox Controller Not Working?
Your Xbox controller is not working because it might have been disconnected from the console. Try to reconnect the controller with the console and use it again. You can try to –
- Keep the controller near the console.
- If you are using a wired controller, you can unplug it and plug it back to reconnect it.
- Update the controller firmware.
- Charge the batteries or the battery pack of the controller.
To Finish All Up
Here in this article, I have told you the possible reasons behind the continuous disconnection of an Xbox controller.
I have given the easy fix ideas here as well so that you can fix the disconnection problem of the Xbox controller by yourself. I hope this article will be helpful for all of you. All the best! Happy gaming!